Updated: Jun 8
Corn: Iowa's fan favorite and an ingredient that can be put into just about any casserole or dip. I know, many people probably have a recipe Mac n' Corn Casserole, but i'm telling you, I have the best recipe (no bias of course). This recipe is no joke, can whoever brings this to a get together probably needs 5-10 references, just to make sure its going to be a crowd pleaser.
Now hang with me on this recipe, my measurements are strange. This recipe should only take about 15 minutes to prepare, but not including you add-in ingredients time!
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can full of elbow noodles, then a few more
- 1 can full of half and half (or any kind of milk you desire)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 lb of Velveeta (this is half of the big block)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F
2. Cube 1 lb of velveeta cheese
3. In a large bowl, put both whole kernel corn (after draining) and creamed corn into the bowl.
4. Measure elbow noodles into one of the empty corn cans, place into bowl with corn.
5. Measure half and half into one of the empty corn cans, place into bowl with corn and elbow noodles.
6. Cube 1 lb of velveeta, place into bowl with corn, elbow noodles and half and half.
7. Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Mix ingredients, then add to a greased 9x13 pan.
8. Thinly slice 1 stick of butter and place on top of mixture.
9. Cover pan with tin foil.
10. Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
Add In Ideas:
- Chopped Bacon
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Rotel Tomatos
The possibilities are endless!
Tag us on social media if you recreate the Mac N' Corn Casserole!