Updated: Jun 8, 2021
If you live in the Midwest, you know how important puppy chow is for every occasion. Casey Creamery has the perfect recipe for the best puppy chow ever (and I mean it).
- Rice Chex (12 oz box) - if you use a bigger box, you will need more peanut butter and chocolate chips!
- 1 12 oz Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter
- 1 Table Spoon Vanilla
- 3-4 cups of Powdered Sugar
Recipe Time: 30 minutes
Get a large bowl. Pour all of the Rice Chex into the bowl
Put peanut butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla into a sauce pan on the stove on low
Continuously stir mixture until completely melted
Pour mixture on top of Rice Chex
Stir until all Rice Chex is covered with the mixture
Transfer wet mix into double lined grocery sac
Add 3-4 cups of powdered sugar
Tie bags shut
Mix together until coated - don't skimp on this part, trust me. Add more if you need it
Pour coated mixture onto baking sheets to dry and cool off
After drying, place into plastic bag or air tight container for one week!
- Don't use semi-sweet chocolate chips, it just isn't the same
- I recommend using Jiff peanut butter, but you can of course use whatever you'd prefer
- Add M&Ms according to the holiday season for a fun add in!